This document informs Users about the technologies that help Greater Piedmont Adult & Teen Challenge to achieve the purposes described below. Such technologies allow the Owner to access and store information (for example by using a Cookie) or use resources (for example by running a script) on a User’s device as they interact with Greater Piedmont Adult & Teen Challenge which we may refer to during this document as Adult & Teen Challenge.
For simplicity, all such technologies are defined as “Trackers” within this document – unless there is a reason to differentiate.
For example, while Cookies can be used on both web and mobile browsers, it would be inaccurate to talk about Cookies in the context of mobile apps as they are a browser-based Tracker. For this reason, within this document, the term Cookies is only used where it is specifically meant to indicate that particular type of Tracker.
Some of the purposes for which Trackers are used may also require the User’s consent. Whenever consent is given, it can be freely withdrawn at any time following the instructions provided in this document.
Adult & Teen Challenge uses Trackers managed directly by the Owner (so-called “first-party” Trackers) and Trackers that enable services provided by a third-party (so-called “third-party” Trackers). Unless otherwise specified within this document, third-party providers may access the Trackers managed by them.
The validity and expiration periods of Cookies and other similar Trackers may vary depending on the lifetime set by the Owner or the relevant provider. Some of them expire upon termination of the User’s browsing session.
In addition to what’s specified in the descriptions within each of the categories below, Users may find more precise and updated information regarding lifetime specification as well as any other relevant information – such as the presence of other Trackers – in the linked privacy policies of the respective third-party providers or by contacting the Owner.
Activities strictly necessary for the operation of Adult & Teen Challenge and delivery of the Service
Adult & Teen Challenge uses so-called “technical” Cookies and other similar Trackers to carry out activities that are strictly necessary for the operation or delivery of the Service.
- Registration and authentication provided directly by Adult & Teen ChallengeBy registering or authenticating, Users allow Adult & Teen Challenge to identify them and give them access to dedicated services. The Personal Data is collected and stored for registration or identification purposes only. The Data collected are only those necessary for the provision of the service requested by the Users.Direct registration (Adult & Teen Challenge)The User registers by filling out the registration form and providing the Personal Data directly to Adult & Teen Challenge.Personal Data processed: address, billing address, city, company name, Cookies, country, email address, first name, last name, password, phone number, profile picture, state, username and ZIP/Postal code.
- SPAM protectionThis type of service analyzes the traffic of Adult & Teen Challenge, potentially containing Users’ Personal Data, with the purpose of filtering it from parts of traffic, messages and content that are recognized as SPAM.Google reCAPTCHA (Google LLC)Google reCAPTCHA is a SPAM protection service provided by Google LLC.
Other activities involving the use of Trackers
Basic interactions & functionalities
Adult & Teen Challenge uses Trackers to enable basic interactions and functionalities, allowing Users to access selected features of the Service and facilitating the User’s communication with the Owner.
- Interaction with live chat platformsThis type of service allows Users to interact with third-party live chat platforms directly from the pages of Adult & Teen Challenge, in order to contact and be contacted by Adult & Teen Challenge‘s support service.
Adult & Teen Challenge uses Trackers to provide a personalized user experience by improving the quality of preference management options, and by enabling interaction with external networks and platforms.
- Displaying content from external platformsThis type of service allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of Adult & Teen Challenge and interact with them.
Adult & Teen Challenge uses Trackers to measure traffic and analyze User behavior with the goal of improving the Service.
- AnalyticsThe services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.Google Analytics (Google LLC)Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google LLC (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of Adult & Teen Challenge, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Targeting & Advertising
Adult & Teen Challenge uses Trackers to deliver personalized marketing content based on User behavior and to operate, serve and track ads.
- AdvertisingThis type of service allows User Data to be utilized for advertising communication purposes. These communications are displayed in the form of banners and other advertisements on Adult & Teen Challenge, possibly based on User interests.
This does not mean that all Personal Data are used for this purpose. Information and conditions of use are shown below.
In addition to any opt-out feature offered by any of the services below, Users may opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.Users may also opt-out of certain advertising features through applicable device settings, such as the device advertising settings for mobile phones or ads settings in general.Facebook Lookalike Audience (Facebook, Inc.)Facebook Lookalike Audience is an advertising and behavioral targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. that uses Data collected through Facebook Custom Audience in order to display ads to Users with similar behavior to Users who are already in a Custom Audience list on the base of their past use of Adult & Teen Challenge or engagement with relevant content across the Facebook apps and services.
- Remarketing and behavioral targetingThis type of service allows Adult & Teen Challenge and its partners to inform, optimize and serve advertising based on past use of Adult & Teen Challenge by the User.
This activity is facilitated by tracking Usage Data and by using Trackers to collect information which is then transferred to the partners that manage the remarketing and behavioral targeting activity.
Some services offer a remarketing option based on email address lists.
How to manage preferences and provide or withdraw consent
There are various ways to manage Tracker related preferences and to provide and withdraw consent, where relevant:
Users can manage preferences related to Trackers from directly within their own device settings, for example, by preventing the use or storage of Trackers.
Additionally, whenever the use of Trackers is based on consent, Users can provide or withdraw such consent by setting their preferences within the cookie notice or by updating such preferences accordingly via the relevant consent-preferences widget, if available.
It is also possible, via relevant browser or device features, to delete previously stored Trackers, including those used to remember the User’s initial consent.
Other Trackers in the browser’s local memory may be cleared by deleting the browsing history.
Locating Tracker Settings
Users can, for example, find information about how to manage Cookies in the most commonly used browsers at the following addresses:
Users may also manage certain categories of Trackers used on mobile apps by opting out through relevant device settings, such as the device advertising settings for mobile devices, or tracking settings in general (Users may open the device settings, view and look for the relevant setting).
Advertising industry specific opt-outs
Notwithstanding the above, Users may follow the instructions provided by YourOnlineChoices (EU), the Network Advertising Initiative (US) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (US), DAAC (Canada), DDAI (Japan) or other similar services. Such initiatives allow Users to select their tracking preferences for most of the advertising tools. The Owner thus recommends that Users make use of these resources in addition to the information provided in this document.
The Digital Advertising Alliance offers an application called AppChoices that helps Users to control interest-based advertising on mobile apps.
Owner and Data Controller
Greater Piedmont Adult & Teen Challenge
1912 Boulevard St
Greensboro, NC 27407
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since the use of third-party Trackers through Adult & Teen Challenge cannot be fully controlled by the Owner, any specific references to third-party Trackers are to be considered indicative. In order to obtain complete information, Users are kindly requested to consult the privacy policies of the respective third-party services listed in this document.
Given the objective complexity surrounding tracking technologies, Users are encouraged to contact the Owner should they wish to receive any further information on the use of such technologies by Adult & Teen Challenge.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through Adult & Teen Challenge (or third-party services employed in Adult & Teen Challenge), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use Adult & Teen Challenge, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using Adult & Teen Challenge who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of Adult & Teen Challenge. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of Adult & Teen Challenge.
Adult & Teen Challenge (or this Application)
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by Adult & Teen Challenge as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Cookies are Trackers consisting of small sets of data stored in the User’s browser.
Tracker indicates any technology – e.g Cookies, unique identifiers, web beacons, embedded scripts, e-tags and fingerprinting – that enables the tracking of Users, for example by accessing or storing information on the User’s device.
This privacy statement has been prepared based on provisions of multiple legislations, including Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
Latest update: November 9th, 2021